Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Congrats Elise!!!




My youngest sister, Elise Fe Bergen, just graduated from DaVinci Academy of the Science and Arts. You would think when your youngest sibling (who is eight years your junior) graduates high school, it would make you feel old, but either it hasn't hit me yet, or I've already come to accept it. Now the trick is convincing Elise that a college education is worth while. She's already been accepted into Weber State, and says she doesn't want to go. I think she just doesn't want to make a big deal out of it, and that she's still unsure of what degree she would even get. Elise's graduation was definately the MOST unique I have attended. One of the speakers explained he did not express himself well through the spoken word, and instead would do an interpretive dance. He then preceded to dance all across the stage to "I'm too sexy" all in good taste. He finished by taking lines from poplur songs to create a speech including. "When I grow up, I wanna be famous, I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies." "I kissed a girl and I liked it." and "Oops I did it again." It was a two hour graduation, which considering there was only a graduating class of 70, was pretty long, but it was worth it!!! Congratulations Elise, I'm proud of you!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Congratulaions, Elise! We are proud of her and sorry we missed it.