My son is so dang cute. Today, as we were in the car, he bit his tongue, and since mommy couldn't come to the rescue, he said "kiss" and he kissed the palm of his hand, and then licked it, thus successfully transferring the kiss to his tongue! What a brilliant idea! My son amazes me.
It has been a long 2008 thus far. My mom's mother passed away the day after my mom's birthday, and my dad's mom passed away thirty days later - the day after Easter. It was a shock, to say the least. My maternal grandmother was hospitalized for three weeks prior to her passing, and my paternal grandmother's passing was completely unexpected.
I suppose the good in all this sorrow, is that we were able to see many family members, (some we had not seen in years). We spent time talking and laughing, remembering and crying. I also know that both my grandmothers are much happier, and they are each with loved ones who had passed before them.
I love and honor each one of my grandmothers, and I am grateful for the things they left me and taught me.
No comments:
Post a Comment